ABACUS LETTINGS (SUSSEX) LTD
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy notice, and our Terms and Conditions explains how we collect your personal data and how we use your personal data when you visit us or our website.
Abacus Lettings (Sussex) Ltd is the data controller in respect of the personal data processed when you visit our website. If you have any questions or concerns in relation to this Privacy Notice you can contact our Data Protection Officer at 01243 842048 or by writing to: 50 Felpham Road, Felpham, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO22 7NZ
This privacy notice was last prepared in May 2018.
Our website may include links to third party websites such as On The Market, Zoopla, Rightmove etc, this may allow third parties to collect or share your personal data. We are not responsible for their use of your personal data and cannot control it.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
As a business we collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data depending on who you are.
If you are renting or letting a property through us, we collect and use your personal data for us to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect, and use may include:
- Your Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback and survey responses)
- Contact Data (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial Data (bank account and payment details)
- Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us)
- Technical Data (IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identified, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer’s device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- Usage Data (how you use our website products and services, the full uniform resource locators clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, lengths of visit to certain pages, page interaction information, methods to browse away from the page and any phone numbers you use to call us)
- Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us and our third parties and your communication preferences)
We also may collect and use other Data. For example, when you visit our website we may aggregate data about your usage to tell us about how certain features on our website are used. This is not usually classified as personal data as whilst it derives from personal data (in the example, it is derived from your Usage Data) it does not reveal your identity to us. If we do link this Aggregated Data to your personal information, it will be treated as personal data in line with this policy.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email you local branch
How Is Your Personal Data Collected
We use different ways to collect data from and about you including:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or other means. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us through social media;
- walk-in to our branch offices or telephone our offices;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Provide us feedback.
Third parties or publicly available source
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below: Identity and Contact Data from data brokers such as but not solely
- Rightmove based inside the EU
- Zoopla Property Group based inside the EU
- On The Market based inside the EU
- Facebook based outside the EU
- Agents software inside EU
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
How We Use Your Personal Data
In the following table below, we summarise the ways that we plan to use your personal data and the purposes for which we will use your personal data. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we have collected it. If we need to process your personal data for a different purpose that is not compatible with the original purpose that we collected, we will let you know.
We may process your personal data for a different purpose and without your consent where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You also have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you do withdraw your consent, this will result in us ceasing to market goods and services to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you
- contacting us at any time by emailing email@example.com or by calling your nearest branch
If you do withdraw your consent to receiving marketing messages, we will still process your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you and in accordance with our legal, accountancy and regulatory obligations.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of Abacus Lettings (Sussex) Ltd.
Our website and applications may automatically collect data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality.
The cookies on our website do not track, collect or upload data such as your name, email address or billing information, but it may collect data about your equipment and browsing activities. We may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
Certain devices can detect your approximate location, via latitude and longitude. The accuracy of this data is not in the control of Abacus Lettings (Sussex) Ltd.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the “Purposes for which we will use your personal data” table above. We only allow third parties to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
We hold on to your personal data whilst you use our services (or whilst we provide services connected to you) and for at least seven years thereafter, for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes. If we need to hold on to your personal data for longer, we take into consideration the potential risks in continuing to store your data against why we might need to keep it. In some circumstances we might anonymise your personal data, so it is not associated with you, and we may then use this information indefinitely.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have the right to protect and look after your personal data. You have the right to ask us for the personal data that we hold and process about you (this is commonly known as a data subject access request). You have rights to the following information:
the purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- the categories of personal information we hold about you
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- the period for which we will store your information, or the criteria used to determine that period;
- prevent the use of your personal data for marketing purposes by
- informing a telephone operator; or
- by ticking the relevant boxes on the data collection forms;
- or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that even if you refuse marketing, we will still contact you to discuss the services you have asked us to provide to you or to tell you about changes to our terms and conditions.;
- ask that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
- ask that we delete the personal data we hold about you in certain situations;
- ask that we stop using your personal data for certain purposes;
- ask that we do not make decisions about you using completely automated means; and/or
- ask that personal data we hold about you is given to you, or where technically feasible a third party chosen by you, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
The rights listed above may apply in certain circumstances, and so we may not always be able to comply with your request to exercise these rights. We will usually respond to a request from you to exercise your rights within 1 month of receipt, but it might take longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made several requests. Please be aware that we may need to process your personal data and/or request specific information from you to help us comply with your request. You will not usually have to pay a fee to exercise these rights, but we reserve the right to if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request.
Abacus Lettings (Sussex) Ltd takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website.